The event will introduce the Innovation Hubs through a series of short presentations giving an overview of the network, the three Hubs, and the process development and skills and training subcommittees followed by a Q&A. This webinar forms the first in a series of Innovation Hubs and ATN events to address key topics in gene therapy manufacturing and clinical development of novel gene therapies.
Objective/purpose of the event:
- To showcase the Innovation Hubs to the Advanced Therapies Network community, and present the services offered by the network.
- To introduce/discuss the current skills gap and process challenges facing the UK gene therapy community and how the Innovation Hubs is looking to address these.
- To provide an opportunity for the community to ask questions about the Hubs manufacturing services and training / process innovation activities.
Speakers for the roundtable:
• Prof Simon Howell (Director of Academic Estates Strategy for Health Campuses, King’s College, London)
• Dr Sophie Mountcastle (Network Manager, Innovation Hubs for Gene Therapies)
• Prof Mimoun Azzouz (Director, Sheffield Hub / University of Sheffield)
• Prof Robin Ali (Director, London Hub / King’s College London)
• Paul Lloyd-Evans (Co-lead, Bristol Hub / NHSBT)
• Dr Piers Walser (R&D Lead, NHSBT)
• Dr Anji Miller (LifeArc)
Followed by Q&A
4.00- 4.05pm Welcome to the topic and introduction of speakers
4.05- 4.45pm Presentations
4.45- 5.20pm Roundtable with live Q&A from the audience
Please join us for the last UKAT event of this year and register here