UK Life Science Symposium in partnership with Link- J
10 Oct 2022
11:00 am - 2:30 pm
Nihonbashi life sciences hub 8F Muromachi Chibagin Mitsui Building 1-5-5 Nihonbashi Muromachi Chuo City, Tokyo 103-0022 Japan
MedCity and Link-J are proud to host the UK Life Science Symposium, bringing together the UK and Japan’s leading life science organisations!
Leading UK health scientists and institutions will provide insight into successful university spinouts, digital health in the NHS, successful Japan-UK research and commercialisation projects, and academic-industry collaborations.
Guests will be welcomed by LINK-J.
Organisations presenting: Cancer Research UK, King’s College UK, National Institute of Health Research, AcuLive, Northern Health Science Alliance, Precision Health Technology Accelerator, Richmond Pharmacology, Bart’s Life Sciences and University College London.
– 11:00- 11:05 Welcome by Link-J- Aki Soyama, CEO of Link-J
– 11:05- 11:10 Welcome by MedCity- Neelam Patel, CEO of MedCity
– 11:10- 11:15 Prof David Lomas, Vice Provost (Health), Head of the Medical School, University College London
– 11:15- 12:15 4x UK Company introduction
Cancer Research UK- George Tzircotis
King’s College London- Ian Durrant/Rachel Parker
NIHR- James Richards
AcuLive- Dr Marcus Yeo- CEO
– 12:00- 13:00 Networking Lunch
– 13:00- 14:15 5x UK Company presentations
NHSA- Helen Cole
Precision Health Accelerator- Gino Martini/Richard Fox
Richmond Pharmacology- Jorg Taubel/Ulrike Lorch
University College London- Basma Jeelani/ Pamela Tranter/ Mark Fisher/Barnaby Cox
Bart’s Life Sciences- Sven Bunn/Prof. Rakesh Uppal
– 14:30- 15:00 Networking coffee break
– 15:00- 19:00 Global Life Science Session- more information to follow
The UK event is followed by the Link-J Global Life Science Session and networking- the UK guests are welcomed to attend this event.