MedCity Autumn Investment Hub 2021
4 Nov 2021
3:00 pm - 5:30 pm
MedCity Investment Hub holds its autumn showcase event of the year, featuring carefully selected start-up’s and university spinout’s from across the life sciences industry.
Six early stage companies having a direct or indirect impact on patients will be presenting their breakthrough business and products.
3pm – Welcome MedCity
Peter Finnie- Potter Clarkson
Filippo Falaschi- Spex Capital
3.15- 4pm- Three Company Pitches (10 minute pitches followed by 5 minute Q&A)
following a 5 minute break
4.05-4.50 pm- Three Company Pitches (10 minute pitches followed by 5 minute Q&A)
4.50-5pm Wrap up and Close
5-5.30– Virtual Networking TBC – If anyone would like to stay online and speak further with any of the presenting companies this can be arranged in virtual breakout rooms
- A company providing a B2B SAAS platform that automates protocols in safety-critical industries using AI-driven event detection that integrates data from sensors, existing datasets, ML models They currently focus on inventory management in surgery. They have already secured 2/3 of the current round of funding with a lead investor in place.
- A B2B telehealth company that provides a hearing healthcare platform to enable those with hearing loss. An enhanced, personalised audio stream is delivered specific to an individual’s hearing needs. With a substantial market size, this proven technology is a CE marked device due to its diagnostics capabilities, with a MVP in operation and significant partnerships under discussion.
- A revolutionary biotech spin-out from the University of Exeter with an Oxford-based management team. Their mitochondrial-protective drugs are in early development for Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD), a rare metabolic disease (CBS-deficiency) and dementia. They have already shown efficacy in reversing loss of muscle strength and functional neuroprotection in animal models Likely to partner early in neurodegeneration and out-license further non-core indication rights.
- A company that has developed a proprietary platform technology offering revolutionary new molecular detection. Having already demonstrated this highly sensitive detection method for non-medical uses they are looking at how they can use this technology in rapid diagnosis of diseases, including sampling of exhaled breath for infectious disease.
- A biotech start-up developing universal genomic screening for cardiovascular diseases using RNA sequencing and machine learning. Bringing liquid biopsy to cardiovascular disease. They have a proprietary laboratory validated prototype, and are conducting pilot clinical trials aiming to achieve initial clinical validation of their whole-blood liquid biopsy approach in the cardiovascular space.
- A seed-stage MedTech start-up that has developed a wearable augmented reality medical device (glasses) to alleviate and treat motor symptoms in Parkinson’s Disease. After 2.5 years of development, the company is experiencing rapid growth having recently been awarded a significant government grant. Already gaining commercial traction. Published in numerous journals and accepted onto the Microsoft for start up’s programme. 2/3 of the round already committed.
Investors: Registration for the event is open to qualified investors only. If you are an investor interested in joining the network, please contact Sarah Bruce-White, Partnerships and Programmes Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are already a member of the MedCity Investment Hub, details for registration will be sent to you directly.