Speakers for this webinar are representatives from Astellas Pharma Inc, Daiichi Sankyo Co Ltd, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation and Shionogi & Co Ltd in charge of pre-clinical stage R&D and business development.
Date: 6 July 2022, 09:00 – 10:30 UK Time
Platform: Zoom (pre-registration required; eligible companies with UK registered address will receive the Zoom link before the webinar)
Registration Deadline: 5 July 2022
9:00-9:05 Opening / house keeping
9:05-9:25 Astellas Pharma Inc
9:25-9:45 Daiichi Sankyo Co Ltd
9:45-10:05 Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation
10:05-10:25 Shionogi & Co Ltd
*Q&A Moderator: Dr Ivana Poparic, Head of Life Sciences Cluster Development, MedCity
Key interest areas from the companies are:
Astellas is interested in emerging areas of drug discovery including new biological insights, platforms, and modalities across multiple therapeutic areas.
· Cell and gene therapy programs and technologies for regeneration of eye and other organs
· AAV gene therapy projects and technologies
· Programs and technologies to modulate mitochondria related pathway
· Novel immuno-oncology programs
· Targeted protein degradation programs and technologies
· New technologies and modalities for immune regulation, including immunoregulatory cell therapy
· Novel protein degradation technologies
· New modalities to treat pancreatic cancer like oncolytic virus, bacteria
· Novel immuno-oncology (IO) targets or research
· Novel therapeutic approach to CNS (psychiatric and neurodegenerative) and rare disease
· Technologies enabling CNS delivery for siRNA
· Proteases or ion-channels as novel therapeutic targets
· AAV production related technologies
Looking for drug seeds realizing precision medicines for following diseases and technologies contributing to their discovery.
Target diseases: ALS, MELAS, MSA, PSP, ASD, Epileptic encephalopathies, Polymyositis, Dermatomyositis, Vasculitis
Technologies: DDS, Animal models, Organoids, RNA targeted small molecules
· Research Collaboration in CNS – dementias and other neuro-psychiatric disorders
· Research Collaborations in Infectious diseases (all modalities)
· Health technologies (for CNS and infectious disease areas in particular)
· Phase 2 and 3 clinical assets in infectious Diseases and CNS areas
This webinar is an ideal opportunity to learn more about the Japanese pharmaceutical companies, their research priorities and collaboration structures. The presentations would be followed by a Q&A session to help understand areas of further interest and collaboration. There is a column for questions so please send them to us when registering. You will also be able to ask questions during the webinar using chat function.
DIT Japan will assist 1:1 call requests from UK companies. Please send non-confidential information to LS.Japan.email@example.com and we will set up meetings with those agreed by speaker companies after the webinar. Please also indicate which companies you would like to have a meeting with.
Registration form: Japanese Pharmaceutical Reverse Pitch Session 2022 (zohopublic.com)