Health Data Research- all matters data and all data matters
3 Feb 2021
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join MedCity and three of the Health Data Research UK hubs – DATA-CAN, Discover -NOW and INSIGHT for all matters data and all data matters. An introduction to the health data research hubs contribution to the health of the nation and how each hub is working with industry, academia and health services on data research
This two hour virtual event is brought to you by MedCity and three of the Health Data Research UK hubs – DATA-CAN, Discover -NOW and INSIGHT. As the cluster organisation for world-leading health life sciences sector in London and the south east, MedCity is working with health research data hubs to showcase exemplars of how health data is helping research and explore how the life sciences industry can work with the hubs.
Each of these data hubs brings expertise in differing areas including cancer, eye disease, real-world evidence, advanced analytics and artificial intelligence.
The event will include an introduction to the data hubs, their role and ambitions and case studies on how each hub is working with industry, academia and health services on data research. There will be networking opportunities for attendees to meet representatives from the hubs and explore collaboration.
During the event there will be:
– A selection of case studies, demonstrating how each hub is working with Industry, academia and health services nationwide on data research.
- Discover-NOW’s Business Development Lead, Dusan Saska, will be bringing to life the work of their Hub focussing on collaborations with biotech and pharma companies. Participants will be given insights on recent work such as their T2DM project with commercial partner AstraZeneca and how newly generated patient reported outcomes are improving patient care. It will also be a chance to learn more about the future opportunities of their Trusted Research Environment, data curation, new data flows and involvement in COVID-19 vaccine safety and vaccine effectiveness studies.
- DATA-CAN’s commercial director, James Peach, will explain the ways in which commercial organisations, including small and medium enterprises, can work with the cancer data hub. He will cover practical examples of projects that DATA-CAN has been involved in with SMEs to date – including working on a successful grant application to Innovate UK, and investigating whether specific data could be sourced in the UK; and on future options for data access requests and delivery. Participants will gain an understanding of DATA-CAN’s offer to the commercial sector and how we can work together on data access and analytics.
- INSIGHT‘s chief data officer, Dr Pearse Keane, will present a case study on- AlzEye is project linking over 2 million retinal photos and OCT scans from more than 250,000 Moorfields patients with NHS data on Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. The unique dataset created by AlzEye allows the exploration of patterns of retinal change associated with the development of dementia across a socially and ethnically diverse population.
– Live Q&A to understand the practicalities of what that data can do for you…. why it matters and how to access the data you need
-Networking opportunities to meet with representatives from the hubs and explore collaborations