Cancer Tech Accelerator Demo Day Save the Date!
We are thrilled to invite you to the Cancer Tech Accelerator Demo day taking place on the 13th of July. You will hear from our seven finalists who successfully pitched to the scientific advisory board and were selected to receive £70,000 grant funding to progress their research, provided in partnership with Cancer Research UK, Roche UK and the Medical Research Council. In addition to the seven grant winners, we have selected five Rising Stars who showed exceptional potential.
What is the Cancer Tech Accelerator?
The Cancer Tech Accelerator aims to foster entrepreneurship and support researchers to rapidly translate cutting-edge technology with a view to it reaching patients sooner. The academic organisation of each Phase II team will have recieved £70,000 to enable the researchers to progress and enhance their research over the six months, having completed a three month entraprenurial training prior to this.
What to expect
- Presentations from the grant winners
- Manoj Murali, Zengchu Tan (University of Cambridge) from OrganA
- David Mahon, Dr Bjoern Seitz, Dr Rick Gray, Dr Frank Thomson (University of Glasgow) from Lomond Instruments
- Sylvain Ladame, Jason Chang, Yunus Kutlu (Imperial College London) from MelaKnowMiR
- Elise Jenkins, Ben Woodington (University of Cambridge) from Opto Biosystems
- Adam Amara, Remy Boutonnet (Newcastle University) from Turing Biosystems
- Stephen Morrell (King’s College London) from Elaitra
- Ryan Mathew, Heiko Wurdak (University of Leeds) from Assemblify
- In addition to the grant winners you will also hear from our Rising Stars
- Max Zhu, Mohammed Alawami, Prof Ulrich Keyser, Kaikai Chen (University of Cambridge) from Cambridge Nucleomics
- Edward Law, Dr Helen Blair (Newcastle University) from HiDRA Technologies
- Anaid Benitez (Francis Crick Institute)
- Anjui Wu, Prof Gert Attard (University College London) from CANSOR Ltd
- Jonathan Kwok, Senthil Chinnakannan, Lian Ni Lee (University of Oxford) from Infinitopes
- Keynote speakers will share insight into what they see as the future of oncology and the UK academic system
- Canapes and Lunch provided by local suppliers
- A chance to meet the team, Capital Enterprise, our partners, entrepreneurs and investors.
- Networking opportunities within the health and life science ecosystem.
Watch this space!
Royal Society of Chemistry,
If you have certain dietary requirements please email email@example.com before the 10th of July.