Virtual event recording: MedCity Investment Hub Company Showcase
Our first investment hub special company showcase on Advanced Therapies took place on Thursday 19 November at 3pm.
This unique event was aimed at anyone interested in partnering or investing in the space to learn more, understand the challenges and impact and access investment opportunities. Participants had the chance to hear about the challenges and limitations in investing in cell & gene therapies in the UK. We showcased fascinating stories from successful companies already or about to enter the clinic, shared trends and introduced four exciting early stage companies looking for funding in the space.
- 3.00-3.05pm- Introduction to MedCity, the Investment Hub and the ATN by Nicki Bromwich, MedCity COO
- 3.05-3.10pm- Flavia Popescu-Richardson, Sillicon Valley Bank, Healthcare Investment Trends
- 3.10-3.30pm- Fundraising case-study- Catherine Isted, Head of Corporate Development & Investor Relations, Oxford Biomedica (20min)
- 3.30-3.50pm- Q&A moderated by Sarah Haywood, Managing director of MedCity
- 4.00- 4.40pm- Early-stage company showcase (10min presentation + questions each)
- Raja Sharif, ATMPS
- Agnieszka Janeczek, Renovos
- Jayden Smith, iSTEM
- Timothy Newton, Reflection Therapeutics
- 4.40-5.10pm- Investor: Fireside Chat (30 min)- Alice Renard, Partner at Syncona; Namrata Turaga, Associate at Apple Tree Partners and Ruchi Dana, partner at FundRX moderated by Joana dos Reis, Investment Hub manager
- 5.10-6.00pm- Breakout rooms/ partnering (TBC)
- 6pm Close