On Bonfire Night this November, 180 guests gathered in London's Living Room at City Hall to celebrate MedCity's fifth birthday, welcomed by Rajesh Agrawal, London's Deputy Mayor for Business
This year marks the fifth anniversary of MedCity’s existence. To celebrate the occasion we invited a selection of co-collaborators to share stories of our work together, along with a diverse mix of guests from all segments of the life sciences sector. We were delighted to be able to host the event at the beautiful London’s Living Room in the heart of the city, and to have Rajesh Agrawal open the event with a speech on the continued importance of the sector to the UK economy.
As well as celebrating this milestone we announced our major new collaborative funding award with the Northern Health Science Alliance from Research England, and launched our five-year bumper edition Annual Report.
- Welcome, Rajesh Agrawal, Deputy Mayor of London for Business
- MedCity’s role, Eliot Forster, Chairman, MedCity
- R&D Space and Development, Celia Caulcott, Vice Provost, UCL
- Attracting Investment, Ann Kramer, CEO, Electrospinning Company
- Connecting excellence withing the region, Victoria Higgins, Senior Director, GSK
- Looking to the future Professor Sir Robert Lechler, Co-Founder, MedCity
- Introducing our new CEO, Neelam Patel, CEO, MedCity
With thanks to our fantastic photographer for the evening, Andy Barmer.