Professor Paul Workman, Chief Executive and President of the Institute of Cancer Research, will deliver the keynote speech at one of Asia's largest annual life sciences conferences
MedCity is excited to announce that we have secured the keynote speech at BioJapan this year, and Professor Paul Workman from the Institute of Cancer Research (ICR) will deliver the address. Professor Workman is a passionate advocate of personalised molecular medicine, and an enthusiastic practitioner of multidisciplinary cancer drug discovery and development approaches to ‘drugging the cancer genome’.
With an extensive background in cancer research, Professor Workman joined ICR in 1997 to take over and build up what is now the Cancer Research UK Cancer Therapeutics Unit, and held the position of unit Director until January 2016 – a period of over 18 years. Under his leadership, the Unit has identified 20 clinical drug candidates since 2005, has progressed 10 of its drugs into Phase I clinical trials in ICR’s partner Royal Marsden Hospital, and has seen its prostate cancer drug approved by the US FDA, European Medicines Agency and NICE and successfully launched.
For the fourth consecutive year, MedCity is taking a UK-delegation to one of the largest Biotechnology Conferences in Asia, BioJapan. As a close collaborator and global conference partner of the Japan Bioindustry Association (JBA) and Tokyo-based life science organisation Link-J, MedCity leads a number of key activities at the conference.
Working with our partners, we provide a selection of comprehensive participation packages for research organisations, universities and companies from the UK wishing to attend the conference. We also support the curation of the main conference stream agendas, putting forward speaker suggestions to the JBA.
**NEW DATES ADDED**
- Half-day symposium at the Kobe BioHub, Japan. One of the top biocomplexes in Japan, home to multiple major international medtech producers and pharma, an emerging centre of advanced therapies and home to the Nobel Prize winner for Stem Cell Research, Shinya Yamanaka
- Half-day UK life sciences symposium in the heart of the Nihonbashi pharma district of Tokyo, hosted by our partners Link-J
- Reception, followed by organised transportation to Yokohama
- Main conference
- UK Life Sciences Reception
- Keynote speech from Professor Paul Workman, Chief Executive and President of the Institute of Cancer Research
- Visit Seoul – organised with the Korean Bio Pharma manufacturers Association and the Seoul Biohub – a half day symposium hosted in central Seoul with leading pharma, research and tech organisations of south Korea
Contact us now at email@example.com for participation package details or to find out more.