MedCity in collaboration with Innovate UK and the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Invention for Innovation (i4i) will be hosting the Angels in MedCity 11th Entrepreneur Pitching Event on the 27 February 2019. Applications to pitch at the event are being welcomed from companies that have received Innovate UK or NIHR i4i grant funding.
The deadline for applications has been extended to 23 January 2019! Don’t delay further and embrace the opportunity to be one of the 8 start-ups to receive pitch training and meet, showcase and pitch to an audience of business angels.
To apply, please complete and submit the online application form by 23 January 2019.
Call scope and eligibility criteria
- Applications must have received Innovate UK or NIHR i4i funding
- Applications should be within the scope of digital health, diagnostics and medical device technologies areas
- Companies should be looking to raise £100k-£2M (where companies seeking up to £1m can demonstrate existing shareholder support and companies seeking between £1M-£2M have some of the round pledged)
Businesses also need to demonstrate attractiveness to investors by having the following attributes:
- Eligibility for EIS/SEIS tax relief
- Committed management team
- Innovative solution/ technology with a good understanding of the competitor landscape
- Clear IP position or clear intention with regard to IP strategy
- High growth and scalable business with the potential for exponential growth
- Sustainable competitive advantage
- Seeking an exit in the medium term (5-7 years) with an expectation of seeking to generate an 8-10x return on investment
If you require any further information or clarifications, please do not hesitate to contact Joana Neves dos Reis on firstname.lastname@example.org.