Looking to find out more about investing in high growth life sciences companies? Join our next investor workshop!
Tuesday 14th June 2016
18.00 – 20.00 (registration from 17.45)
The workshop aims to provide an understanding of angel investing generally, development and opportunities in the life sciences/medical angel market, how to take advantage of the SEIS/EIS schemes, key considerations for investing in an early stage businesses and how to make the most of investing in a syndicate.
To find out more and register your interest, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The workshop will be moderated by Anthony Clarke, CEO of London Business Angels, one of the oldest and most active networks in the UK. He will be joined by a serial investor, who will speak of his own experience of being an angel investor and investing in syndicates, as well as professional tax advisers Kingston Smith.
Simon Kerry, CEO of Karus Therapeutics and co-founder of Angels4LifeSciences, will share his experiences of investing in medical and life sciences early stage ventures, and representatives of KPMG and Harbottle & Lewis will share their thoughts on tax and legal aspects of investing.
- 17.30 – 17.55 – Registration
- 18.00 – 18.05 – Introduction from hosts
- 18.05 – 18.20 – Welcome from Medcity
- 18.20 – 18.30 – Overview of the angel market
- 18.30 – 18.40 – Important aspects of investing in the medical/life sciences sphere
- 18.40 – 18.50 – Fireside chat with an experienced medical/life sciences investor
- 18.50 – 19.00 – Angel investing/tax implications
- 19.00 – 19.10 – Important legal aspects of a deal
- 19.10 – 19.15 – Next steps
- 19.15 – 20.00 – Networking, drinks and nibbles