Join us for Angels in MedCity's next investor workshop for people interested in finding out more about investing in life sciences companies
Thursday 12th November 2015: 18.00 – 20.00 (registration from 17.45)
Venue: Johnson & Johnson Innovation, 1 Chapel Place, London, W1G 0BG
Angels in MedCity (AiMC) investor workshops aim to give potential angel investors who have a particular interest in medical and life sciences based opportunities the information to be able to make these investments. The AiMC initiative is a partnership between Angels4LifeSciences, London Business Angels and MedCity.
The workshop aims to provide an understanding of angel investing generally, development and opportunities in the life sciences/medical angel market, how to take advantage of the SEIS/EIS schemes, key considerations for investing in an early stage businesses and how to make the most of investing in a syndicate.
The workshop will be moderated by Anthony Clarke, CEO of London Business Angels, one of the oldest and most active networks in the UK, who will give the benefits of his 20 years angel investing experience.
He will be joined by a serial investor, who will speak of his own experience of being an angel investor and investing in syndicates as well as professional and tax advisers.
Simon Kerry, CEO of Karus Therapeutics and co-founder of Angels4LifeSciences, will share his experiences of investing in medical and life sciences early stage ventures and representatives of Johnson & Johnson Innovation will share their thoughts on this important subject.
Angels in MedCity Workshop Programme – The Angel Investment Process
This workshop is aimed at individuals who would like to move forward to become an angel investor in medtech and life science opportunities. The following topics are covered:
* Introduction to the angel market
* The role of a medical/life sciences angel investor
* What to look for in a medical/life sciences angel deal
* Tips from an experienced angel
* Angel syndication and the role of the lead angel
* Negotiation and term sheet
* How to effectively use SEIS/EIS
* 18.00 – 18.05 – Welcome from MedCity
* 18.05 – 18.20 – Introduction from Johnson & Johnson Innovation
* 18.20 – 18.30 – Overview of the angel market
* 18.30 – 18.40 – Important aspects of investing in the medical/life sciences sphere
* 18.40 – 18.50 – Fireside chat with an experienced medical/life sciences investor
* 18.50 – 19.00 – Angel investing/tax implications
* 19.00 – 19.10 – Important legal aspects of a deal
* 19.10 – 19.15 – Next steps
* 19.15 – 20.00 – Networking, drinks and nibbles