MedCity and the Northern Health Science Alliance (NHSA) are leading a delegation of academics and industry to Japan from 10 - 13 October to showcase the UK's life sciences ecosystem at BioJapan. With leading universities including University College London, Imperial College London, King's College London, Newcastle University and University of Leeds, and the Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult, the BioIndustry Association, and the Department for International Trade, we are hosting two events and have several speaking slots on the main agenda.
Life Sciences Symposium – Tokyo
In advance of BioJapan, we are co-hosting a Life Sciences Symposium in Tokyo with the NHSA and LINK-J, in association with London & Partners and the Department for International Trade.
Leading UK academics and industry will provide insight into successful university spinouts, digital health in the NHS, successful Japan-UK research and commercialisation projects, and academic-industry collaborations.
Find out more and register here: https://uk-life-sciences-symposium.eventbrite.co.uk
UK Life Sciences Reception – Yokohama
We are co-hosting a drinks reception from 8 – 10pm on the opening day of BioJapan with the NHSA, supported by the BioIndustry Association and Colliers.
Speakers at BioJapan
Look out for UK speakers on the BioJapan programme, including:
Medicine and Pharmaceuticals
- Professor Iain Buchan, University of Manchester
- Professor Guido Franzoso, Imperial College London
- Professor Oscar Ces, Imperial College London
- Dr Charlie Davie, Managing Director, Academic Health Science Network (AHSN), UCLPartners
- Professor Elaine Holmes, Imperial College London
Food, Agriculture and Fishery Industries
- Dr Oliver Windram, Imperial College London
- Professor Colin Johnson, University of Leeds
You can read the full programme here: http://www.ics-expo.jp/biojapan/en/seminar.html