Do you work in MedTech? Would you like to connect with the Biomedical Research Centres (BRCs) and learn how to access their scientific and research capabilities? At the Wellcome Collection on 8 February 2017, the first BRC exhibition and networking event for London and the South East will provide you with an opportunity to network with renowned BRCs. You can hear about successful projects they have been involved in and better understand the opportunities available to work collaboratively with the BRCs.
The National Institute of Health Research BRCs were formed through partnerships between leading NHS organisations and universities; they conduct translational research to transform scientific breakthroughs into life-saving treatments for patients.
Vision2020, launched in 2013 to foster Industry-University collaboration across Europe, will also be part of the event. Their aim is to support organisations that want to tap into Europe’s research base and EU Horizon 2020 funds for research and innovation. They bring together excellence-based research organisations and highly innovative SMEs so that they can form trusted consortia and collaborate effectively.
The event at the Wellcome Collection, 183 Euston Road, London, will showcase the BRCs’ key areas of expertise across multiple therapeutic areas:
-Informatics, data and genomics
-Imaging and Diagnostics
-Novel Therapeutics and Technologies
- 9:15 – 9:45: Arrival, Registration and Coffee
- 9:45 – 10:00: Introduction and Welcome (Sarah Haywood, CEO, MedCity)
- 10:00 – 10:20: Navigating the Research Landscape in SouthEast (Matt Hallsworth, Head of External Relationship, NIHR)
- 10:20 – 11:20: Collaborating with NIHR Biomedical Research Centres
- – Oxford: Dr. Vasiliki Kiparoglou, Head of Operations, Oxford Biomedical Research Centre
- – Cambridge: Dr. John Bradley, Director of Research and Development, Cambridge Biomedical Research Centre
- – London: Prof. Bryan Williams Chair of Medicine at University College London and Director of the NIHR UCLH/UCL Biomedical Research Centre and Director of Research at UCL Hospitals.
- 11:20 – 13:00: Coffee and Exhibition
- 13:00 – 13:30: Lunch (Please let me know if you have any specific dietary requirement)
- 13:30 – 15:00: Networking & Exhibition